The one thing new (and not-so-new) moms always talk about is sleep – that’s because we don’t get much of it in the first few months of baby’s life. If it’s not the 2hour wake-sleep-schedule during the newborn days, it’s the urge to always have an eye on our little ones.
TommeeTippee knows the importance of sleep and safety, and they have just launched the Sleepee Basket in South Africa. The Sleepe Basket is a mobile Moses basket that is light weight and comfortable for baby to sleep in during the first few months of life.
I’ve always been a fan of co-sleeping with baby and our 7 month old, Kgosi, is still in our room and will be for a while. Having him next to me just brings me lots of extra comfort and the Sleepee Basket is something I would have loved to have when he was younger.
I remember wanting to get out of my bedroom, for a change of scenery and to spend time with my oldest two around our living area. If I had the basket, it would have made new mom life much easier; nevertheless, I thoroughly enjoyed reviewing it.
Here are five things I love about the Sleepee Basket:
1. It makes for a safe and cosy sleeping nest for baby. It’s packed with safety features, but still portable and light enough for you to carry it wherever you need it around the house. From a safety perspective, it has over 300 air holes along the side, to enable maximum airflow and breathability while your baby sleeps.
2. The comfortable mattress has an air-permeable filling to regulate baby’s temperature and it is completely water-resistant and washable. The mattress liner is made of 100% cotton.
3. The basket is made out of recyclable plastic, which benefits our environment. It can be wiped clean very easily and there no tricky corners for dust to get trapped in.
4. The portable baby Moses basket has a rockable stand, which raises baby close to your level and enables you to rock your baby when needed. This is something I would have appreciated, since I had a c-section delivery with a long recovery period. It is also completely silent, so baby wont be startled while getting precious sleep.
5. It comes in beautiful modern shades, namely, classic grey, mint green or gentle pink. I absolutely adore the grey (one of my favorite colours) and I think it would work well for parents who intend to have more children in the future. Because it’s light, it would also be easy to store away and use it for your next baby or keep for family.
Although Kgosi is too big* for the Sleepee Basket, he did have a nap or two in it for us to get a good feel for it. He fitted in comfortably because it was very spacious and most importantly, he slept well, while I sat up working next to him.
*The Sleep Baskets are recommended for newborn babies, under 9kg’s in weight and up to 6 months of age. It is NOT suitable once your baby can sit up/roll or push onto their hands and knees.
It retails for R2299, including the stand or at R1899 as a standalone. You can find it at selected Baby City stores and online from Takealot.
WIN A TOMMEETIPPEE SLEEPEE BASKET:
The Sleeppee Basket would make the perfect sleeping companion for a mommy-to-be and her new baby. To stand a chance to WIN one, follow these steps:
1. Follow @TommeeTippeeZA on Instagram and Facebook
2. Leave a comment telling me why you would love to win on this blog post AND/OR on one of my social media posts featuring the Sleepee Basket. Find me as @ModernZuluMom
Feel free to share this post!
This giveaway will close on 8 March 2020. All T’s and C’s as per my website rules apply.
Modern Zulu Mom