We have been putting the new Listerine Smart Rinse to the test, after all, September was National Oral Health Month.
Dental health may not be most exciting topic, but it’s one of the most important ones that we often overlook as Moms.
Motivating our children to adopt good dental habits isn’t easy but a mouth wash with kid-friendly flavours goes a long way in nudging them and making the experience much more exciting. I can still remember how fascinated Lesedi was with the ‘blue water’ I used after brushing my teeth when he was a toddler and now there’s a special range available just for him.
The new Smart Rinse range comes in two variants – mild berry and mild mint. His favourite is the mint and having tried them myself, I’m a mild berry fan.
Using a mouthwash after brushing is an essential part of maintaining clean teeth, fresh breath and healthy gums, while preventing tooth decay. Listerine Smart Rinse has just the right amount of fluoride for your child’s young teeth that can help prevent cavities.
Why we love the Listerine Smart Rise:
- It’s clinically proven to help protect your child’s teeth against cavities
- Helps fight germs, a major cause of plaque and gum diesease
- It’s safe for children from the age of 6
- Its alcohol and sugar-free
- It reveals and targets food particles
- A fun and easy way to protect your teeth
Simple healthy oral habits you can adopt in your home
- Supervise brushing until they know how to brush properly. Proper brushing includes cleaning their teeth, tongue, gums and the roof of their mouth.
- Complete every wash by using an alcohol-free mouthwash, which will ensure that they clean what brushing misses. To do this, swish 10ml, twice daily after brushing for 60 seconds then spit out.
- Visit your dentist every six months.
- Encourage and help them to brush their teeth twice a day – the evenings are less rushed so you can make this a fun part of your evening routine.
- Healthier eating will also lead to healthier teeth – limit fizzy drinks.
- Teach your child how to gently floss their teeth.
How do I know this little guy loves the smart rise?? I haven’t had to remind him to do any brushing and rinsing!
I’m so pleased to be giving three lucky families a chance to win a LISTERINE SMART RINSE hamper! To enter, simply leave me a comment telling me why you would make this smart choice for your kids.
Full T’s and C’s apply – view them here. Giveaway will close on Friday 12 October.
Best of luck and happy rinsing!
Modern Zulu Mom